Lima Demographics and Statistics
As the country’s melting pot, modern day Lima exemplifies what occurs when highland, tropical lowland, and coastal cultures intermingle over a relatively short span of time. Luckily, it is precisely this blend of Peruvian ethnicities and contrasting customs, as well as the influences brought by past waves of Arab, European, and Asiatic immigrants that gives Lima its astounding vibrancy.
Population: 8,445,200 (2007)
Religion: Principally Roman Catholic 81.3% and Evangelical 12.5%.
Area: Although the official metropolitan area of Lima occupies a territory of 2,672.28 sq. km. (1,031.77 sq. mi.), the actual designation of “urban” Lima comprises only 31% (320 sq. mi.) of this space. The remaining 69%, or 13 of the city’s 43 districts, is commonly considered the outskirts of Lima proper.
Download our travel guides for free and take them with you on your dream vacation!
We do have the lowest prices. We will meet or beat any internet published rates from companies outside Peru
for all package tours. All HOTELS and TOURS are based on US standards. No late booking fees.
We have the best testimonials. Our professional and expert staff is at your service and will reply to any request
within 24 hours. While traveling in Peru you will have access to our local 24/7 emergency number.