Needed: Travel Advisor to work out of our Lima, Peru office
Latin America For Less, LLC, a US-incorporated company based in Lima, Peru, is looking for a Travel Advisor to work in our Lima office. We are looking for young professionals eager to develop within the tourism industry. Latin America For Less is the leading inbound travel agency for travelers from English-speaking countries, and we have the best testimonials in the industry. To maintain our high quality of standards, we require an ambitious, detailed-oriented individual who is passionate about travel.
For more information about the Latin America For Less company (which includes Peru For Less, Argentina For Less, Brazil For Less, Costa Rica For Less, Chile For Less), please read Our Mission.
Please review the below information, and if qualified for this position, send us your cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Follow the instructions below:
1. Write a cover letter which covers the following points:
- Why you want to be a Travel Advisor and why do you want to work for LAFL?
- Where have you travelled in Latin America?
- If you don’t already, why do you want to live in Lima, Peru?
- Save your cover letter file in PDF and use your last name to name the file.
- Your CV/Resume must confirm your GPA.
- Save your CV file in PDF and use your last name to name the file.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an English-speaking university
- Native English language level
- Liberal Arts degree/background preferred
- Above average academic achievement (above average GPA)
- Related travel experienced. Outdoors/hiker type of traveller is preferred.
- At least an intermediate Spanish language skills.
- Able to work some weekends, holidays and varied shifts
- Live in Lima, Peru.
- One year minimum commitment
- Proven passion for travel in developing countries.
- Recommend, quote, and sell travel services in all countries we operate in
- Oversee entire booking process.
- Monitor clients who are travelling and be your client’s “hero” if they need help.
- Main goal: make sure clients buy a travel package and return home satisfied.
- Work hour requirements are: 40 hour work week, 5 days a week, 8 hours per day.
- Expect to work weekends.
- Be on call to help your clients in case of an emergency
- Help man phones, chats, Skype and cover other teamwork duties
- Be an active member of the sales team
Please note that there is an initial 3-month trial period. Following successful completion of this probationary term, you may be promoted to Travel Advisor or become a Travel Advisor Assistant. Even if you assume the Travel Advisor Assistant (TAA) role to start, it’s often the case that TAAs become Travel Advisors within 6 months.
Job Benefits and Environment
- Ability to work for a leading travel company with the best testimonials in the market offering travel services to over 2,500 customers each year. We have over 2000 Testimonials from happy travelers.
- You will be part of a young, fun, and dynamic international team and work in a bilingual environment.
- Live in Lima, Peru. A growing economy.
- Opportunities for further training and professional growth.
- We work under a serious but comfortable work environment; no dress code.
- Travel discounts.
- Commission based salary (an average of US $20,000 – $50,000/year)
- No high pressure sales such as cold calling, quotas, or hard selling—this position is all about customer service, being a travel consultant, and taking care of our clients.
Latin America for Less, LLC does not discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, gender, social background, or sexual orientation. We expect every member of our staff to be like-minded in working toward a society with equal opportunity.