Travel Advisor Assistant
Needed: Travel Advisor to work out of our Lima, Peru office
Latin America For Less, LLC, a US-incorporated company based in Lima, Peru, is looking for a Travel Advisor Assistant to work in our Lima office. We are looking for young professionals eager to develop within the tourism industry. Latin America For Less (LAFL) is the leading inbound travel agency for travellers from English-speaking countries, and we have the best testimonials in the industry. To maintain our high quality of standards, we require an ambitious, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about travel.
For more information about the Latin America For Less company (which includes Peru For Less, Argentina For Less, Brazil For Less, Costa Rica For Less, Chile For Less), please read Our Mission.
Please review the below information, and if qualified for this position, send us your cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Follow the instructions below:
- Write a cover letter which covers the following points:
- Why do you want to be a Travel Advisor Assistant and why do you want to work for LAFL?
- Where have you travelled in Latin America?
- If you don’t already, why do you want to live in Lima, Peru?
- Save your cover letter file in PDF and use your last name to name the file
- Your CV/Resume must confirm your GPA.
- Save your CV file in PDF and use your last name to name the file
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an English-speaking university
- Native English language level
- Liberal Arts degree/background preferred
- Above average academic achievement (based on above average GPA)
- Related travel experience with a demonstrated interest in outdoors / adventure travel, especially in developing countries
- Spanish language skills – at minimum, Intermediate
- Able to work some weekends, holidays and varied shifts
- Live in Lima, Peru
- One year minimum commitment
- Ability to be a team player and work well in a diverse team
As a Travel Advisor Assistant (TAA) you will need to do tasks and own responsibilities as well as support Senior Travel Advisors with the goal of maximizing the Sales Team’s overall productivity. Examples of these are, but not limited to:
- Prepare quotes and itineraries.
- Call providers to ask for availability or special quotes.
- Travel research.
- Post Sales Work.
- Answering new incoming calls.
- Vacation coverage and other team work duties.
- Monitor clients who are traveling and be client’s “hero” if they need help.
- Work hour requirements are: 40 hour work week, 5 days a week, 8 hours per day.
- Expect to work weekends.
- Be on call to help your clients in case of an emergency.
- Be an active member of the sales team and support with ad-hoc duties as required.
Job Benefits and Environment
- Ability to work for a leading travel company with the best testimonials in the market offering travel services to over 2,500 customers each year. We have over 2000 Testimonials from happy travellers.
- You will be part of a young, fun, and dynamic international team and work in a bilingual environment.
- Live in Lima, Peru. A growing economy.
- Opportunities for further training and professional growth.
- We work under a serious but comfortable work environment; no dress code.
- Travel discounts.
- Monthly salary for the position ranges between $1,000 – $1,500 based on previous experience and skills.
Latin America for Less, LLC does not discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, gender, social background, or sexual orientation. We expect every member of our staff to be like-minded in working toward a society with equal opportunity.