Terms and Conditions
The use of the web site (here referred to as “the Web Site”) is subject to the terms and conditions stated below. The use of the Web Site constitutes an agreement by you, the user (here referred to as “the Client”), that your use is governed by these terms and conditions.
In addition, when using particular Peru for Less, LLC, services, you will be subject to any guidelines or rules applicable to such services that may be posted here. Make sure you check terms and conditions regularly for any updates.
PFL Services Terms & Conditions
- Contract between the Client and Peru for Less
- Changes by the Client
- Substitution of Client
- Cancellation by the Client
- Changes and Cancellation by Peru for Less
- Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
- Age, Fitness and Participation
- Local laws
- Illness or disability
- Client has a Complaint
- Flight Bookings
- Our responsibility
1. Contract between the Client and Peru For Less
- To secure a booking with Peru for Less, the Client must deposit 30% of the entire price of the trip (minimum US$200). All flights (domestic and international) must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces. Cruise bookings are subject to special deposit policies depending on the boat. The deposit is non-refundable. Clients booking by telephone, fax or email will be deemed to have read the booking conditions.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite from the date Peru for Less has received the deposit from the Client. It is at this point that a binding contract between Peru for Less, LLC, and the Client comes into existence.
- The contract is made between Peru for Less, LLC, and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons whose names appear thereon and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
- The balance of the amount due must be paid to Peru for Less no later than 45 days before departure (different policies may apply for cruise bookings). In case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, Peru for Less will treat the booking as cancelled by the Client.
- In the case of bookings made within 45 days of the departure date, the full amount of package price has to be paid at once.
- Payment can either be made by wire transfer, direct deposit, or check. In case of a bank transfer, all wiring and transfer costs should be assumed by the Client.
- All prices are United States of America Dollar based. All quoted Euro and Pound prices are referential and for the convenience of the Client. The Client can choose to pay in Euros or Pounds; however, if the amount in Euros or Pounds that is quoted is more than 4% below the amount based on the original dollar price and exchange rate of the day of payment, the amount paid in Euros or Pounds will be recalculated based on the exchange rate of the day of payment.
- Our prices do not include Peruvian sales taxes. Those exempt from paying this tax must meet the legal standards. For an exemption from the IGV (General Sales Tax) the visitor (guest) must prove he or she meets the international treaty standards honored in Peru by showing a passport, driver’s license or national identity card. Please note that visitors who have stayed in Peru longer than 90 calendar days are no longer exempt from IGV (General Sales Tax). Also please make sure that your identity documents are legible and note that the TAM (Andina Migration Card) cannot substitute a passport.
- Please note that a levy of up to 3% may be applied to all purchases made by credit card.
3. Changes by the Client
Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed by the person signing the booking form. For any change by the Client to the itinerary after receiving a confirmed Travel Program from Peru for Less, a US$35 changing fee will be charged plus any costs or charges which are incurred or levied by our suppliers as a result of the amendment. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed.
4. Substitution of Client
If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by Peru for Less suppliers. In the case of certain tickets such as those for Huayna Picchu or for the Inca Trail, these have to be purchased again as they cannot be transferred.
5. Cancellation by the Client
The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to Peru for Less in writing. Deposit paid to reserve trip is non-refundable. Payments for flights, cruises and Inca Trail bookings are non-refundable due to airline and operator policies. All other reservations cancelled less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to the following cancellation fees:
|Period before departure when written notification is received||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the refundable services price|
|8 days or less||100%|
In case part of a booking is cancelled, the remaining party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy, or single room supplements). In case of trip postponement, an administration fee of 10% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Peru for Less.
6. Changes and Cancellation by Peru For Less
While Peru for Less will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions. Peru for Less reserves the right to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) at any time and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
If a major change is known to us at the time of the booking, the Client will be informed immediately. A major changed is defined as a change affecting at least one in three full tour days of the itinerary, or which materially affects the character of the Product in its entirety. If a major change becomes necessary after booking, Peru for Less will inform the Clients as soon as reasonably possible.
When a major change is made, the Client will have the choice to accept the change of arrangements, to purchase any other available tour or to cancel the tour and obtain a full refund. This is providing that the major change is not because of force majeure.
Force majeure is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Peru for Less.
Peru for Less is not liable for any charges in the event of a change – beyond their control – to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
Should any price increase, Peru for Less will absorb the price increase if the price increase is less than 2% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 2%, the client will be surcharged the difference.
8. Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required by the authorities of the visited countries for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Peru for Less.
9. Age, Fitness and Participation
All Clients are expected to assess that their physical fitness aligns with the requirements of the itinerary of their choosing prior to booking. Travelers with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to check with a healthcare profesional before traveling on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by Peru for Less, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for the minor. Peru for Less reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the employees of Peru for Less, tour leaders and agents, while on the tour with Peru for Less. If, in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of a Client before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health Peru for Less may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client.
10. Local laws
All participants in tours operated by Peru for Less are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Peru for Less of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
11. Illness or disability
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit.
If the chosen holiday includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort, the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable Peru for Less to take additional precautions for the safety of the Client at such times as may be appropriate.
12. Client has a Complaint
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements, he/she must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Peru for Less at the appropriate time so that they may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. It is only if Peru for Less is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Making your complaint known to Peru for Less as a problem arises during your trip will allow us to remedy the situation or facilitate compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Peru for Less within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
13. Flight Bookings
Peru for Less will use its best endeavors to ensure that all flight prices are correct at the time that they are quoted. Airlines reserve the right to amend or withdraw fares without prior notice. Once a deposit is paid on an airfare, it guarantees that a booking is being held for you, but it DOES NOT GUARANTEE the fare. The fare can only be guaranteed when the flight booking has been paid in full and a ticket has been issued. Flight bookings cannot be transferred.
The flight times given by Peru for Less are for general guidance only and are subject to change. Up-to-date flight times will be shown on the tickets. The Client must check the tickets very carefully immediately upon reception of the latest timings. Peru for Less will endeavor to inform the Client as soon as possible in the event of any flight alteration. Details of airlines are also subject to change. Such alterations do not constitute a significant change to the trip arrangements and will therefore not be entitled to cancel without paying the normal charges as a result.
Peru for Less cannot be held responsible for any delay to your flight whether this delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, the action of air traffic controllers, airport authorities or (local) governments, the rescheduling of flight times by the airline, mechanical breakdown, strike, industrial action or any other reason.
14. Our responsibility
Peru for Less cannot guarantee the accuracy of any hotel, resort or other leaflet which is not published by them but may be supplied as an additional service to the Client.
Peru for Less accepts responsibility for ensuring that the vacation which the Client books with them is supplied as described in the final version of the travel program the Client will receive upon arrival and for ensuring that the services reach a reasonable standard.
Peru for Less acts only in the capacity of an agent upon the legal conditions that, while exercising every possible precaution, it is not responsible for injury, illness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay, or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions made by the companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters, social upheavals or other causes.