Content and Community Developer
Needed: Content and Community Developer to work out of our Lima, Peru office
Latin America for Less, LLC, a US-incorporated company based in Lima, Peru, is looking for a Content and Community Developer for our Lima office. We are looking for an English-language educated professional with a background in Liberal Arts/Humanities, and the ability to lead our Outreach & Content Development projects that serve as the public face of our company.
The position requires a creative and social media savvy individual with a well-rounded education, in addition to a good eye for the visual arts, who is able to execute ideas, and lead projects. Experience in content development and social media management will be considered a big plus.
For more information about the Latin America For Less company (which includes Peru For Less, Argentina For Less, Brazil For Less, Costa Rica For Less, Chile For Less), please read Our Mission.
Responsibilities may include
- Creating content and executing the outreach strategy
- Research and write/edit articles, sales materials, and website copy (including selecting eye-catching photos)
- Prospective candidates should feel fully comfortable that they can execute marketing goals and delegate responsibilities when necessary
- Lead and coordinate with the content and design team on projects
- Monitor and understand performance of website, social channels, and overall SEO
Keep in mind: the ideal candidate will already be based in Lima, Peru or have had extensive prior travel/living experience in the country. Candidates who have not yet been to Peru are not likely to be considered.
How to Apply
Please review the information, and if you feel you are qualified for this position, send a copy of your CV/resume, writing samples (and/or other creative projects), and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org (please also copy email@example.com).
Please do include examples of previous work along with your current CV.
Skills we look for
- Excellent written English, including Creative Writing
- Curiosity and drive for constant learning
- Ability to connect the dots, and lead to a great User Experience for our clients
- Appreciation of visual arts
- Understanding of engaging content: textual and visual
- At least 1.5 years attending an English-speaking university (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an English-language university (Preferred)
- Above average GPA; Liberal Arts/Humanities background preferred
- Native English speaker (or equivalent level of writing and speaking)
- Passionate about travel and previous travel experience in Peru (Highly Desired)
- Strong work ethic and personal motivation
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Knowledge – at minimum basic, with an interest in learning rapidly
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms
- Ability to quickly understand and contribute to our company’s voice and objective
- 18-month minimum commitment
Job Benefits and Environment
- Opportunities for growth, and managerial responsibilities
- Ability to work for a leading travel company with the best testimonials in the market offering travel services to over 2,500 customers each year.
- You will be part of a young, fun, and dynamic international team and work in a bilingual environment.
- Opportunities for further training and professional growth.
- We work under a serious but comfortable work environment; no dress code.
- Travel discounts, holidays off, and 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Yearly salary for the position ranges between $18,000 – $30,000 based on previous experience and skills.
Latin America for Less, LLC does not discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, gender, social background, or sexual orientation. We expect every member of our staff to be like-minded in working toward a society with equal opportunity.