Travel Agency Manager
Important: We will only consider applications with a cover letter in English. We are hiring candidates with experience in management. Please read the entire post before contacting us. Thanks!
Latin America for Less (Peru For Less, Inca Expert Travel) is looking for a General Manager to work from our Miraflores, Lima, Peru office. We need an English-language educated professional with the ability to manage and enhance the operational efficiency of our entire company. In 2019 we welcomed almost 5,000 travelers to Peru and Ecuador.
The position requires a strategic, goals-minded individual with a well-rounded education and management experience. Our company has a stellar reputation due to our staff’s commitment to excellence and ability to meet high standards of customer service. Ensuring a flawless experience for our clients is paramount, and highly dependent on the smooth running of all our teams. We’re looking for someone who can be fully dedicated to ensuring high standards of excellence from these teams. Experience in the management and operations of a travel agency will be considered a big plus.
For more information about the Latin America For Less company (which includes Peru For Less, Inca Expert Travel, Argentina For Less, Brazil For Less, Chile For Less), please read Our Mission.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
Keep in mind: the ideal candidate will already be based in Lima, Peru or have had extensive prior travel/living experience in the country. Candidates who have not yet been to Peru are not likely to be considered. You must be a traveler at heart.
- Manage company processes - including systems for pricing and booking, sales, operations, payroll and accounts payable.
- Quality control and execution of improvement projects.
- Review and evaluate the soundness, efficiency, and implementation of internal financial, operational and administrative controls.
- Develop assessments with clear conclusions and sound recommendations.
- Project and Change Management.
- Prioritize relevant projects as assigned by upper management, including the Director and owner.
- Coach and ensure each company team and manager is performing as expected.
- High level administrative and operational tasks.
- Ensure both internal and external client satisfaction.
- HR and Hiring process.
- Client Escalation Management.
- Business development.
- Work closely with Owner and Director.
How to Apply
Please review the information, and if you feel you are qualified for this position, send a copy of your CV/resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
Skills we look for
- Excellent written & spoken English - Fluent or near Native
- Leadership & Project Management experience
- Strong work ethic and personal motivation
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with others
- Analytical mindset
- Hard working, focused and adaptability.
- Attention to detail.
- Conflict resolution.
- Strong communication skills.
- Manage both the short and long term.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Travel Agency, or in the Travel Industry
- Active lifestyle and appreciation for Travel
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an English-language university (Preferred)
- Above average GPA; Liberal Arts/Humanities background preferred
Job Benefits and Environment
- Opportunity to join a leading and successful Peru travel firm.
- Professional growth and advancement.
- You will be part of a young, fun, and dynamic international team and work in a bilingual environment.
- We work under a serious but comfortable work environment; no dress code.
- Travel discounts, holidays off, and 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 40-Hour a Week Mon-Fri Shift.
- Yearly salary for the position ranges between USD$30,000 – USD$48,000 based on previous experience and skills.
Latin America for Less, LLC does not discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, gender, social background, or sexual orientation. We expect every member of our staff to be like-minded in working toward a society with equal opportunity.